Dick Weitzel, Ken Pfeiffer, Hector Pacheco, Gary Humphreys, John Hinnant, Brian Shajari, Hank Ortega, Jimmy Peet, George Harcourt, Jeff Payne, and Al Davis at the Alamo Cannon event commemorating the return of a cannon believed to be one of the fourteen Alamo guns destroyed by the retreating Mexican Army and buried in the area of the northwest corner of the fort. They were found by Samuel Maverick who discovered them as he was improving his property years later after the walls had been demolished. There is a possibility that this gun was one manned by Capt. Dickenson and Gregorio Esparza on March 6, 1836 in the battery at the back of the church. It is also possible that this gun was brought from Gonzales about the time of the siege of Bexar in late 1835 or after and the gun the Mexican army was after when the detachment was sent to Gonzales in October 1835 prompting the “Come and take it” fight at that time.